"six links curated by ITB's Kenny Manalad featuring tutorials, news and photography worth visiting for a leisurely weekend."
• Makeup doesn’t always get along. You learned the hard way to keep the concealer far away from the highlighter, like fighter fish in your makeup bag. But what about foundation and primer? If your combo of choice left you with a gravelly texture or a shade of beige you didn't even know existed, you might just need a few tips from Christina Bartolucci, chief creative director of NYX and co-founder of DuWop. [Beautylish]
• Wondering how to convert your favorite beach waves hairstyle into something smooth and sleek for Fall? Look to Olivia Wilde for inspiration. At the Rush premiere in London, the actress wore defined, glossy waves that were more sophisticated than tousled. There are multiple ways to re-create the look at home. [PopSugar]
• Heavy full-coverage foundations have long offered up an instant solution to any number of social calendar–killing problems—enlarged pores, uneven texture, fine lines, and blemishes among them. In recent months, however, beauty’s latest breakthrough formulas have seemed to revolve around a slightly different premise: sheer, unfettered denial. [Vogue]
• There are plenty of celebrity weight-loss tricks that just don't have the ring of truth about them ("Running after my kids is my cardio!"). But the latest confession from model/perfect-eyebrow-haver/"It" girl Cara Delevingne is surprisingly honest: In a recent interview, she attributed her Victoria's Secret model body not to exercise or diet, but to the stress of her lifestyle. [Allure]
• Fashion Blogger Garance Doré reveals the real way models and actresses stay thin and surprise! It's not by indulging in sweet treats every day. It's called the Documented Instance of Public Eating, and it's what so many actresses do when they're being interviewed: Proving to the interviewer that they actually eat. But blogger Garance Doré doesn't buy it. Writing on her blog, she talked about how difficult it really is for the average model/actress/blogger to stay slim. [TotalBeauty]
• Just in time for football season–which kicks off Thursday night in Denver (though we're sure you've had your phone alarm set since the Super Bowl, right?), CoverGirl will be offering up custom-curated bundles of the brand’s Nail Gloss polish based on your favorite team’s logo. [Fashionista]
(image source: beautylish)