"six links curated by ITB's Kenny Manalad featuring tutorials, news and photography worth visiting for a leisurely weekend."
• Victoria's Secret's 2013 show (airing on on American television channel CBS on Tuesday, December 10) will star its most famous Angels - Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge, Candice Swanepoel, Lindsay Ellingson, Karlie Kloss, Doutzen Kroes, Behati Prinsloo. However, Miranda Kerr is noticeably absent from the line-up, having announced in April that she was streamlining her VS duties to focus on being a mother. [VogueUK]
• An anonymous model recently told Cosmo’s Carly Cardellino all the backstage horror stories that prompted her to drop out of the Fashion Week rat race she’d been running from ages 18 to 21. For starters, her skin launched a full-scale insurrection against the industrial coat of makeup and hairspray that makeup artists would layer on her poor face. [Jezebel]
• Allure‘s annual “Best of Beauty” issue, which comes out in October, is the beauty equivalent of fashion’s September issues. This year’s list–and the issue itself–is the biggest its ever been. Two hundred forty-six products, out of tens of thousands tested, got the nod from the beauty bible. [Fashionista]
• A study presented today at the European Respiratory Society Annual Congress found that argan powder, an ingredient used in foundation, is linked to allergies and asthma. In the study, summarized on Medical Daily, researchers found that four out of nine cosmetics factory workers had symptoms of asthma or rhinitis when working with argan powder. [Refinery29]
• During a discussion of plastic surgery trends on The Talk, longtime news journalist Julie Chen showed before and after pictures from the eyelid surgery she got early in her career to give her a Caucasian-style double eyelid. She says she did it at the behest of media honchos who advised that she could not succeed with Asian eyes [TheCut]
• On Thursday, in a suite at the St. Regis Hotel in Midtown, the actress Sarah Jessica Parker introduced her latest fashion endeavor. It is a line of shoes, bags and, as of now, a single trench coat that Nordstrom plans to sell exclusively starting in early 2014. [WSJ]
(image source: wwd.com)